Bedhaya Ketawang Dance, Sacred Dance from Surakarta Palace
Soon the Kasunanan palace will once again held “Tingalan Jumenengan” (Coronation of King Anniversary), an annual event which to be held June 15 until 16 later, one of the important ceremonies in the ceremony is presenting Bedhaya Ketawang dance, Bedhaya dance not allowed to be seen by any person, except family and relation of the king, courtiers, or the official state guest.
A dance that lasted until approximately 120 minutes, is done by 9 virgin girls which describing hole contained passion in human beings.
Bedhaya dance itself is a sacred dance, and full of symbolism of Javanese cultural values??, a dance that lasted until approximately 120 minutes, is done by 9 virgin girls which describing hole contained passion in human beings, Bedhaya dance is a graceful and quiet , is said to Bedhaya dance recognized as the highest achievement of classical woman Javanese dance.
For the audience who witnessed this dance are required to use Java traditional clothing, according to the rules that made ??the palace.
- èndhèl/èndhèl ajeg
, “desire”, “constant/fixed desire”, “attachment”
- pembatak/batak, “head”, “mind”
- gulu/jangga, “neck”
- dhadha, “chest”
- buncit/bunthil, “tail”, “genitals”, “lower end of spinal column”
- apit ngajeng/apit ngarep, “right arm”, “right flank”, “front flank”
- apit wingking/apit mburi, “left arm”, “rear flank”
- èndhèl weton/èndhèl wedalan ngajeng/èndhèl jawi, “right leg”, “emergent desire”, “front emergent desire”, “outside desire”
- apit meneng/èndhèl wedalan wingking, “left leg”, “quiet flank”, “rear emergent desire”